April 2023 Member of the Month: Kristina Strande
1. How long have you been a member?
I just hit my 2 year anniversary!
2. What motivated you to join the gym in the first place, and how has your experience been over the past two years?
I was looking for direction and accountability when I first joined, and I definitely found it! Ardent has changed my life! I absolutely love the Ardent community and have met a lot of great people. The coaches are extremely attentive and will help scale movements as needed, they meet you where you’re at. They give a ton of options when a scale is needed.
3. Can you think of any specific achievements or milestones that you’ve reached during your time at the gym?
My favorite achievement has been my 215 pound PR in the deadlift last summer. I never would have hit that without Coach Lexi’s encouragement. I was perfectly ok with hitting a PR of 5-10 pounds but she wouldn’t let me stop, she kept telling me to add weight and I hit a PR of 30 pounds!
4. How has the gym helped you to reach your goals?
The gym has helped me see that consistency over time is a better mantra than “no pain no gain.” The gym is always consistent. It has taught me to keep showing up, even when I don’t feel like it, keep showing up.
5. If you had to pick one movement to consider your favorite, what would it be?
Definitely the deadlift, it’s such a rush to be able to lift so much weight!
6. Looking ahead to the next two years, what are your goals for your fitness journey?
I am looking to continue to improve in all movements. The movement I’m most excited to be able to do one day is the handstand push up.
Experience the power of Ardent Fitness for yourself. Click the button below to schedule a FREE No Sweat Intro and discover how we can help you achieve your fitness goals.