If you are trying to live a healthier lifestyle, but have not yet ditched soda, you are going to run into some major roadblocks.
Soda has absolutely zero benefits. By drinking it, the only thing you are doing is putting yourself in danger of some serious health risks.
One can of soda has 2X the amount of sugar that is recommended for people to have per day. With one can, you are putting 40 grams of sugar into your body. Sugar contains a lot of calories and no nutrients. Bottom line: sugar is very bad for you.
Not only is sugar bad for you, it makes you sick. Too much sugar…
- Overloads the liver, leading to potential damage.
- Fools your metabolism by turning off your body’s appetite-control system, which will cause you to eat more and gain weight.
- Causes metabolic dysfunction.
- Increases your uric acid levels. High uric acid levels are a risk factor for heart and kidney disease.
- Increases risk of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, lipid problems, heart disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and dementia (just to name a few).
Every time you crack open a soda, you increase your chances of multiple dangerous health issues. These health issues won’t only affect your body, but also put a pretty hefty dent in your bank account from endless doctor appointments and prescribed medications.
Soda also dehydrates you, depletes your mineral levels, and is linked to asthma.
If you can’t ditch the bubbly, we recommend you try an unsweetened sparkling water and get used to the lack of flavor. We promise you, you will soon learn to love it when you realize how much better it makes your body feel.
Simply said, drinking soda is making you unhealthier and not helping you loose weight, feel better, or reach your health/fitness goals. Who wants that?
Ditch the soda – it’s not worth it, and your body will thank you.