COVID-19 has created a lot of chaos, but we still have Bright Spots, and considering it is Friday, I think it is a great time to point them out #BSF:
- If you’re reading this, you have probably prioritized your health and wellness. You have done everything you can to prepare for anything. Strong, healthy, and hard to kill are not just words, but adjectives you can probably use when describing yourself.
- We had time to prepare. Gyms in Italy, Denmark, and other places have been shut down, but we could plan. We are prepared to help our client base stay fit as the government works on containing and managing this pandemic.
- Spring is coming and this means we will be able to use large and well ventilated outside areas soon!
- We are in contact with the best gym owners, mentors, and medical staff daily to learn how we safely serve our clients during this unprecedented time.
Standard Operating Procedures:
- The BIG One: If you are feeling ill or have symptoms please do not come to the gym. If you want to train, email Coach Austin with your equipment list and a description of your space. He will get you moving. Please use this option if you feel under the weather, our best line of defense is being proactive with this illness.
- Wash your hands. Pretty self explanatory. Wash them when you show up, wash them after the workout, and hell…wash them in the middle of the workout if you feel the need!
- Cover your face if you’re going to cough or sneeze. Either a tissue or elbow is your best bet and then go wash your hands again.
- If you touch it, clean it.
Learn more about COVID-19 Here.
Preparing for the worst case scenario: A government mandated shut down. We have access to a huge network of resources and we are using them to make a solid plan.
If forced to close, we will not stop providing you with programming, coaching, and inspiration. We will use Wodify and our private members page to program and instruct workouts. We will make sure you keep working out, even if the government wants you to do it at home. You pay us for coaching, and we plan to deliver it without interruption.
Using Wodify, we will program workouts everyday with precise instruction. We will tell you how to use household items, and we will leverage technology to coach you. We are prepared for this!
This list will help you prepare:
- Get a kettlebell or set of dumbbells. You can go to Play It Again Sports and get some cheap ones! Select a weight you would use in a conditioning workout (26, 35, or 53lb kettlebells are common or 20, 25, 35, or 40lb dumbbells). This will be your primary piece of at-home fitness equipment. You can stay very fit with just that equipment.
- If you can swing it, buy a heavy and a light object. You can get creative and fill some jugs with water, clean off an old tire, or something of that nature.
- Make a space to workout with the “Ardent Members Only” group. Just watch out for your dog (I am assuming you have a dog, because we all know most people at the gym are that awesome!)
- Create a FB account if you do not have one. This is the platform we are going to use to administer the workouts.
- Make sure you have a way to set up your phone or device so you can see and hear us during the online session.
We truly hope this passes quickly with minimal disruption to our lives, but if not, we will be ready!
You will be taken care of. We will show you the same care and enthusiasm over the internet. Maybe we won’t fist bump, or our most recent foot bumping after your workout, but our meme, likes, and emoji game is freaking on point!
To learn more about a program which can truly help you “Live Your Best Life” click the button for change!
[button link=”https://ardentoshkosh.com/get-started/” type=”big” newwindow=”yes”] CHANGE[/button]